May 17 General Club Meeting
Well over 100 club members attended our club meeting at Torrey Pines Golf Range. Before the meeting we had a putting contest with Roger White winning the big bucks among 68 contestants who paid a $3 entry fee. But it wasn’t money wasted since entry included a free Torrey logo golf ball. Our club prez Larry Prosi conducted the meeting and reports from board members detailed status of current issues. In between club business, Bob Hood conducted a raffle of $1000 of merchandise which included certificates for free rounds for local golf courses and merchandise from the Torrey Pro Shop including items with our TPMGC club logo, which will soon be available for purchase on our website.
Ted Cochrane, club member and business owner, graciously supplied pizza for our meeting. Pizza was freshly prepared, plentiful, and absolutely delicious. Wheat and Water. Great pizza! https://wheatand water.com)
Pace-of-Play Policy Update May 15, 2022
A new pace-of-play policy has been adopted by our TPMGC Board of Directors. The new policy will be effective on June 1, 2022. See website Pace-of-Play Policy for details —–>>>>
TPMGC COVID-19 PROCEDURE January 20, 2022
Update to our current COVID policy…even if you have had your 2 vaccine shots and the booster, you are still a potential carrier of COVID. Thus you can pass the virus to another person per the CDC guidelines. While you may not have to quarantine, we ask that you apply the same due diligence and advise the club immediately if you have been in contact with fellow members. All other procedures below remain the same including you must submit a negative test (even if you have been vaccinated) prior to participating in any TPMGC event.
Any TPMGC member who either has tested positive for COVID-19, or believes they have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19, must follow this procedure:
- If you test positive and have recently played in a club tournament, you must notify the club immediately; contact Larry Prosi firstname.lastname@example.org. You must identify and notify anyone you may have come in contact with. The Club will assist in this process
- If you test positive you must follow the most current SD County Health Dept. Health Orders: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/dam/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/Epidemiology/HealthOfficerOrderCOVID19.pdf
- If you believe you have come in contact with someone that has COVID-19, you must follow the SD County Health Orders and advise the club immediately if you recently played in a club tournament.
- Whether you either have had a positive test, or have come in contact with someone that has, you then are ineligible to play in any club event until you have submitted a negative test result to the club.
- If you are signed up for an event, you will be removed upon your notification to the club. To avoid being penalized under the club’s late cancellation or no-show club policy, you must present a negative test to be eligible to play
It is every member’s responsibility to report exposure and/or positive test results if they have been in proximity with other club members. Failure to comply may subject the member to potential disciplinary action under our Code of Conduct
Questions, let us know…Your TPMGC Board
Important Tournament Rules Announcement:
The tournament committee has recently seen two activities that violate the rules of golf and needs to stop immediately.
· Players must putt out. There are no “gimmie” putts. Even during COVID-19 restrictions you must hole out your putt. Not holing out will cause disqualification from the event.
· Scores must be confirmed in Golf Genius no more than 15 minutes after the completion of your round. If it takes longer than 15 minutes, or a discrepancy in scoring is noted, you need to contact the Tournament Coordinator (TC) to inform them of the change. Changing a score in Golf Genius after the 15-minute period without TC knowledge will subject you to disqualification or suspension.
We are aware that other groups may allow one or more of these practices but that’s not Torrey Pines Men’s Golf Club. The only fair way to play is for everyone to play by the established rules.
One additional Comment – Your finish time is now recorded at completion of round by GG. The Club’s current Pace of Play standard is “to finish no more than 15 minutes behind the group in front and take no more than 4 hours and 20 minutes to complete the round.”. Any group exceeding these standards will be contacted by the TC for an explanation.
Scorekeeping on Golf Genius (GG)
Golf Genius replaces scorecards as the official record of your score. When we used scorecards, once you signed it and left the golf course, you could not change it. Your score was final. The same is true with GG. After completing your round, all members of the foursome should immediately verify their scores on each hole and total scores are correct. The time you enter your final scores is your official finish time and is used to track pace of play. If you find errors in your Golf Genius scores after initially entering them, you may take time to correct the scores. This should take no more than 15 minutes. Once you have left the golf course, your score cannot be changed. If you failed to enter your score for one or more holes, you will be DQ’d. If you run into any technical problems with entering your scores, you must immediately contact the Tournament Coordinator or another Board Member and explain the problem.
It is important that each golfer read all emails from the Tournament Coordinators as they can contain important information about the tournament you are about to play in including items such as lift, clean and place (or lack thereof).
If you receive a tournament email, that means you signed up for the tournament. If you did not intend to sign up or if someone else signed you, up don’t ignore these emails. Cancel your entry.
Share Your Contact Information with Other Members
Our new website has several features that make it a vast improvement over our former website. One of them is the opportunity for members to better communicate with other members via email or phone.
Each member has the choice of making his contact information visible to other club members. The default setting for each member is that your email address and phone # is NOT visible to other members. To make it visible, follow these instructions:
- Log on
- Go to “My Account”
- Click “Edit Info”. This is where you can indicate your cart preference and check the box that shares your email address and phone number with other members
To find contact info for other members, go to Club Info and Membership Roster to look up the member. Click on the member you are looking for and if he has decided to make his email/phone visible, you will be able to contact him directly.
City Resident Cards
You may only renew your card online. If you arrive at the golf course with an expired card, they will not renew it. You will have to pay the non-resident fee. Then once you renew your card, you will be able to request a refund for the difference between the resident and non-resident rate.
Redeeming Tournament Winnings
When you accumulate winnings in your member account, you can redeem them at several golf stores around San Diego County. You may also redeem them for $250 and $500 VISA Gift Cards. There is about a $15 dollar fee for these gift cards.
When requesting winnings from your member account, remember the minimum amount for a prize certificate is $50 (or your balance if it is less). Stores will normally give you a credit or gift card if you don’t spend your entire certificate, so request a certificate for a little more than what you plan to spend.